As we continue to celebrate the Founders Day weekend, Radio Days will be hosting a concert and talk at the Park Pavilion. The topic will be “Songs from Across the Pond”. Stars of music-hall and vaudeville were routinely crossing the Atlantic for concert tours from the latter years of the 19th century. This evening we celebrate in our performance some of the great singers and songs that introduced new music to England and to America. So get all gussied up in your best threads and come on by the Philomena Park Pavilion at 2 PM SLT this fine Palm Sunday!
We had a fantastic meeting turn out on 2/20. Please follow this link to access the meeting chat. Thank you to Ms. Trilling for cleaning up and saving the chat to a Google Doc for all to access and see.
Over the weekend of March 27-29, The Town of Philomena will be hosting a Founder’s Day weekend full of festivities. On Friday, February 20 at 6:30 PM SLT, there will be a general interest meeting at the Town Hall green hosted by Mayor Thaddeus Nadeau Please come with ideas to share; as well as your willingness to assist in making the event happen successfully.
The meeting will be facilitated by Mayor Nadeau and the following is the tentative agenda:
1. General Overview and purpose
2. Procedures for guidelines and approval process (all concepts must be approved by the Mayor or a designated official).
3. Kick off – Facilitated by Mayor Nadeau
4. Chamber of Commerce – Ms. Calliope will facilitate this.
5. Parade – Ms. Wells will facilitate this.
6. Library Involvement – Ms. Toolips will facilitate this
7. Quilts and milk jugs – Ms. Trilling will facilitate this
8. Other weekend events – Pie contest, school tie-in, Easter Egg Hunt, giveaway boxes, church, concert, movies, music, etc
9. Deadlines and other pertinent managerial tasks – Mayor Nadeau